Transferring Your Funds Offshore
Each South African resident taxpayer may avail themselves of their annual single Discretionary Allowance (R1 million) and/or Foreign Capital Allowance (R10 million) per calendar year, for direct offshore investment in foreign currency denominated assets.
Currency Partners can assist our clients with the process of obtaining foreign tax clearance from SARS and facilitate a Currency Transfer of your funds at preferential exchange rates, so you save money on the exchange rates from your bank.
Benefits and Services
Register below and benefit from:
- Completing the required exchange control, SARS foreign tax clearance and currency forms
- Applying for free SARS foreign tax clearance certificates (FTCCs) on your behalf (1-3 days)
- Preferential all-inclusive foreign exchange rates so you save on the retail exchange rates from your bank (zero commissions and administration fees)
- Annual Discretionary Allowance and Foreign Capital Allowance currency transfers
- Special SARB approvals for amounts greater than the annual individual allowances of R11 million
- Contact details
- About you
- Your requirements
Thank you for registering with Currency Partners.
You will receive an email confirmation from us shortly requesting copies of your KYC/FICA documentation in line with our AML, regulatory and compliance requirements in order to complete your registration process. Alternatively, you can email the following documentation to our Client Services Team:
- A recent Proof of Address (not older than 3 months) AND
- Copy of Certified Green ID Book (required for South African Residents) or
- Copy of your Passport (required for Non- South African Residents and other Foreign Nationals)
We may make use of a third party verification service to assist us with the compliance requirements.